“The Op-Amp Big Muff was popularized by the brilliant Billy Corgan who first used it on the Smashing Pumpkins’ epic 1993 album Siamese Dream. After he was videotaped playing and talking about the reissue, Billy stated: ‘The magic’s still in the box, I can still get what I’m looking for!’” - Mike Matthews
The pedal relies on op-amps rather than transistors and three gain stages rather than four, to create its signature sound. It’s a sound that’s been described by noted Big Muff collector and historian, Kit Rae, as: “a huge, crushing Big Muff sound with more crunch… great for grungy, wall-of-sound distortion, heavy rhythm playing and heavy leads.”
- A faithful reissue of the original classic circa 1978
- Iconic sound and vibe that’s coveted by guitarists
- Controls for Tone, Sustain and Volume, plus a Tone Bypass switch.
- True bypass switching for maximum signal integrity in bypass mode
- Rugged, compact, die-cast package… pedalboard friendly
- Ships with a 9Volt battery, also accepts an optional EHX9.6DC-200 AC Adapter